[This is an entry in my project to write something every day in the 100 days before my retirement, reflecting on my career and life]
89 Days Until Every Sunday Morning Feels Like Freedom
June 3, 2018
What will I NOT miss when I stop going to an office job every weekday?
- Monday mornings when all I can think about is Friday afternoon.
- Monday mornings.
- Crawling over snowbanks to get on the bus on dark January mornings.
- Managing people and trying to fit them into a corporate cookie-cutter image of what the company thinks they should be like.
- Doing things that make absolutely no sense (to me).
What will I miss when I stop going to an office job every weekday?
- Spring mornings at the bus stop when the sun is rising and the smell of lilac wafts through the air.
- The sense of purpose I have on Monday mornings.
- The amazing people I work with on a daily basis.
- The privilege of helping people reach their goals and being a coach to teams that make a difference.
- The feeling of pride I have every day as I watch the company grow and continue to be a resounding success.
- The paycheque.
I think these lists will grow over the next 89 days.